Mid-Cycle Update II for IUI#3, 4-3-08


Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I just had to send out a quick note to tell you how thankful we are for your love, prayers, and support, and for the bloodwork results we just got back!
We took a blood-progesterone test which indicates whether you ovulated or not (as many of you know). Well, we just got the results back yesterday and my progesterone was high, and indicates for sure ovulation! Wow! Praise You Lord! This was SO exciting and such a milestone for us, b/c this has been the main little booger to overcome. The other blood-progesterone tests kept coming back low, indicating no ovulation.
Now hold your horses though, b/c ovulation does not equal conception - but this at least gives us a chance and tells us that the combination of Clomid and injection that Dr. Doke prescribed, worked!
Just wanted to share the good news and our heart-felt appreciation of your prayers. We will wait for a while on taking a pregnancy test, but rest assured we will be letting you know the results of that as well.
We truly have been walking in a peace that transcends all understanding, as it says in Phil 4:6, even before we started the Clomid. We will continue to cling fast to God's Word and not be anxious in anything, but continue with prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, presenting our requests to God. He truly has guarded our hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.

Side note: Isn't it freeing when you really relinquish control? A year ago I would have been rolling the things of this month round and round in my head, wringing my hands, with an anxious heart. What is so gratifying to my soul, is that the Lord has graciously brought me to this place of truly learning 'being anxious in nothing', and full surrender, while still walking through the flames - not when the desire is fulfilled, but when the heart is still aching! Praise Him! I have finally absorbed the lesson He has been trying to teach me in that to do this, we must be in His Word, speak His Word, and fully believe His Word.. how to take thoughts captive and give them up to Him, instead of battling it in my mind for days.. how to combat the enemy in the Name of Jesus, and God's Word, how to replace anxious thoughts with powerful Truths. His Character is revealed through Scripture, and confirmed in our experiences with Him... As we have studied in our BBS recently: As we seek to know HIM, not just know His Will, or where He wants to take us, or what He wants us to do, He is so faithful to lead us in the way everlasting. A while back I heard a wonderful message and it was talking about Proverbs 3:5-6... "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." It is so freeing to me that our responsibility is to acknowledge Him in all our ways - His responsibility is to make our paths straight. I used to always try to line out my paths... when I took this message to heart, I rejoiced in the unnecessary weight lifted off my shoulders.

Just had to share - you know me, I can't keep still or quiet when the Lord is teaching me ;) Thank you all so much for your prayers - you are amazing!

"Not that I have already obtained this, or have been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that of which Christ Jesus took hold of me" Phil 3:12

Let us press on with full assurance of faith!

No comments: